Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Claude Debussy
The best of modern (20th century) classical music
for all classical fans (tell me if you're one please).

A few of his best pieces. I'll save the descriptions for myself. Because it annoys me when I can't put them into precise words.



Arabesque no. 1 (animation)

You MUST watch this even if you won't like the music because the animation is.. therapeutic, amazing, pretty... fit the words in yourself when you watch it.


Clair de lune (french: moonlight) , 3rd mvt of suite bergamasque

My favourite part of the song from 2:30 onwards



Reverie - the first debussy piece I was exposed to



la fille aux cheveux de lin (girl with the flaxen hair)
no. 8 from preludes book 1

My favourite interpretation of the piece but they disabled embedding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MswHKA4dako




L'isle Joyeuse (Island of joy) - Atsuko Seta



The snow is dancing (from children's corner)

------

I honestly cannot decide which genre I like best.

and I miss choir alot, after watching our videos on youtube.

No comments: